SQL Server: How to Import Data from Pervasive
To extract data frompervasive data files Pervasive database Engine is required. Latest Trialversion 11 can be downloaded from http://www.pervasivedb.com/psqlv11/pages/default.aspx
Once you have installedpervasive Engine, follow following steps to view and import it into SQL Server.
1. Open Control Center through programs>Pervasive> PSQL v11>control Center and documentation.
2. Make sure services pervasive PSQLRelational Engine and pervasive PSQL Transaction Engineare running (Expand services in Left panel)
3. To open a database Expand Engines>[server name] > Databases
4. Right Click on Databases and selectNew>Database
5. In Database Name Box give a name toyour database.
6. In Location Box locate the databasefiles path. (.mkd, .ddf, .dat)
7. You can uncheck “relationalintegrity enforced”.
8. Click Finish to complete the process.
9. Expand Database and you can see theadded database.
10. Double click on a table to see records
Moving data into SQLServer:
1. Right click on target database andselect Tasks> import data to open import and export wizard.
2. Hit next on the welcome screen.
4. To choose a data source click on thedrop down list and select Pervasive Provider, Release 3.2
5. Under Standard connection: specifypervasive Database Name, Host and server DSN as shownin figure below. DSN DEMODATA is automatically created byPervasive Engine.
6. Click next.
7. Chose SQL server native Client asDestination. Hit Next.
8. Click next
9. Provide Query to extract data from agiven table. Click parse to verify. Click next
10. Change Destination table name and click on EditMappings button. You can also preview source data.
11. In column mappings you can specify Field names,data type and size for destination table.
12. Click “OK” button to close Column mappings and hit finish toexecute the import process.
13. On successful completion refresh database in SQLServer to see imported data.