SQL Server: How to Import Data from Sybase Advantage (adt Files)
- Accessto adt files
- AdvantageOLE DB Provider
1. Clickon new connection wizard
2. Createa connection to a directory of existing tables
3. ProvideDatabaseName of your choice and thenprovide correct path of folder where adt files are located on your hard driveand press finish.
4. Onceyou have created connection, it will start showing adt tables BUT still youcan’t open or export these tables as these are bound to directory.
5. Tofree these tables, click on Tools –> Free Data Dictionary Bound Tables
6. Provideadt file name with its complete pathand press OK button.
7. Youradt table is now free. Now you canopen it in Data Architect. You can export or you can close Data Architect andimport this table from SQL Server Import Wizard.
Note: In next post, we will explore a simple method to import adt files by using SQL Server Integration Services Package.